Summerset Adventure Tours
Ron's Favorite Places Tour!
October 11 - 23, 2013
Summerset Adventure Tours in heading back to Italy! October 11 - 23, 2013 we will be visiting Ron's favorite places... 11 days (10 nights) in Florence, Cinceterra, Rome, Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri, Amalfi Coast... and everything in between!
This is NOT your church ladies tour. We will visit wineries in Tuscany and have roof top wine parties in Rome, duck races... and there may be dancing in the streets!!
Guided tours are included everywhere we go - just bring tip money. Several people that have gone before are asking to go back. This will definitely be more fun than adults should have (it always is)! We would like to have 20 people go in order to get a good price break. Details below:
Depart Des Moines at 6:45 pm on October 11 and arrive in Florence at 5:30 pm Oct 12
1 UA6334 11OCT DSM- ORD Dep. 645P Arr. 809P 11OCT
2 LH 433 11OCT ORD- FRA 1015P 130P 12OCT
3 LH 314 12OCT FRA- FLR 400P 530P 12OCT
4 LH1927 23OCT NAP- MUC 1155A 140P 23OCT
5 LH 434 23OCT MUC- ORD 335P 620P 23OCT
6 UA3552 23OCT ORD- DSM 830P 946P 23OCT
First payment of $1,000 is needed to reserve your spot. Final payment is due 90 days prior to group departure, which will be Aug. 11th, 2013.
MIN. NUMBER OF PAYING PAX
NET RATES per person sharing double occupancy
AIR & LAND
Air & Land Price includes:
- Round trip economy class travel on Lufthansa Airlines from Des Moines to Florence, via Chicago and Frankfurt, and from Naples back to Des Moines via Munich and Chicago
- Airport taxes, fuel surcharges and ticketing fees included in package price (guaranteed not to change)
Package price includes:
- 11 (eleven) nights accommodations at 3/4* Hotels as indicated (hotels are currently available), including VAT taxes, and tourist city taxes:
- 3 nights at 4* Hotel Cavour in Florence (http://www.albergocavour.it/eng/index.html)
- 2 nights at Hotel Doria Park in Lerici in HB (http://www.doriahotels.com/doria/eng/) or Grand Hotel Portovenere (pending confirmation) in Portovenere in BB
- 3 nights accomomdations at 3* sup. Hotel Gravina San Pietro in Rome (http://www.hotelgravinasanpietro.it/en/)
- 3 nights accommodations at 4* Hotel Cesare Augusto in Sorrento (http://www.hotelcesareaugusto.com/en/)
- Meals included as follows:
- Continental buffet style breakfast daily at the hotels
- Welcome dinner near the hotel in Florence, including limited beverages on Oct. 12th
- Wine tasting with buffet lunch at “Castello Oliveto” on Oct. 13th
- Lunch and wine tasting at “Castello Vicchiomaggio” on Oct. 15th
- Wine tasting and light lunch at “la Cantinetta” in Castiglione della Pescaia near Grosseto on Oct. 17th
- Dinner in Sorrento restaurant on Oct 20th
- Wine tasting and light lunch at Casa Vinicola “Ettore Sammarco” in Ravello on Oct. 21st
- Farewell dinner at local restaurant in Sorrento with limited beverages + Tarantella show on Oct. 22nd
Limited beverages include ½ lt. mineral water + ¼ lt. wine
- Professional English speaking tour escort from arrival at Florence airport on Oct. 12th till departure from Naples airport on Oct. 23rd , including meals and accommodations where necessary
- Transportation by private air conditioned motorcoach as per itinerary, including meals and accommodations for bus driver where necessary + tolls, road taxes and parking fees
- Guided sightseeing tours included as follows:
- Full day excursion to Tuscany countryside, to visit “Castello Oliveto” winery + visit to Balconevisi to attend the “Palio del Papero” - goose race on Oct. 13th
- Half day guided walking tour of Florence (no entrance fees included) on Oct. 14th
- Stop at Vicchiomaggio Castle for tour of the castle and wine estate on Oct. 15th
- Half day excursion to Cinque Terre by train or boat (depending on weather and schedule) on Oct. 16th
- Ancient Rome tour, including entrance fees to the Coliseum (suppl. to visit cellars included), and visit to Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Half day excursion to Tivoli to visit Hadrian’s villa
- Vatican Museum tour, including entrance fees and visit to the Sistine Chapel
- Half day tour of Pompeii to visit the excavations (ent. Fees included) on Oct. 20th
- Full day Amalfi Coast drive, with stop for panoramic view over Positano, and up to Ravello
- Half day excursion by hydrofoil to Capri and Anacapri, including minibus transportation between Sorrento hotel and Sorrento pier, and minibus transportation up to Anacapri, and local guide
- Special Features:
- Wine tasting at Castello Oliveto in Castelfiorentino
- Attend “Palio del Papero” /goose rate in Balconevisi, Tuscany
- Wine tasting and lunch at Castello Vicchiomaggio in Chianti Region
- Wine tasting at “Enoteca” near Grosseto
- Wine tasting at “Cantinetta” in Ravello in Amalfi coat region
- Ticket to Tarantella show in Sorrento
- Porterage of 1 pc of luggage in/out at hotels only
Price does NOT include:
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and beverages other than specified
- Sightseeing tours and entrance fees other than specified
- Porterage at the airports, gratuities and extras
- Anything not mentioned in “Price includes”
Here is the schematic itinerary quoted:
Oct. 11 – Overnight flight from DSM to Florence (via ORD and FRA)
Oct. 12 – 5:20PM – arrive at Florence airport. Meet your tour escort, board your private bus and transfer to Florence hotel. Welcome dinner in restaurant near the hotel. Overnight
Oct. 13 – (Sunday) – Transfer to Balconevisi for “Palio del Papero” (goose race). Enroute stop in Castelfiorentino to visit winery and taste wine at “Castello Oliveto” (http://www.castellooliveto.it/about_us.html) to visit a winery/olive oil producer , and have wine tasting and light lunch. Return to Florence for overnight
14 Oct ( Mon)– AM walking tour of Florence. Lunch on own. PM at leisure . Dinner on own. Overnight in Florence.
15 Oct (Tue) - Morning departure transfer from Florence hotel to Portovenere or Lerici hotel. En route stop to Castello Vicchiomaggio for tour of the estate, followed by lunch and wine tasting.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel
16 Oct – Half day excursion by boat (weather and boat schedule permitting) or train to the Cinque Terre region + some free time. Lunch and dinner on own.
17 Oct – Morning departure transfer from Portovenere hotel to Rome hotel, with stop in Castiglione della Pescaia for wine tasting and light lunch at “Enoteca La Cantinetta” (http://www.castiglionepescaia.it/cantinetta/lacantinetta.htm) . Then continue onto Rome. Check in at the hotel in Rome. Free for Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Rome
18 Oct - Morning private guided Ancient Rome tour with Coliseum + Afternoon at leisure…or walking tour with tour escort of Monumental Rome, with Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, etc.
Lunch and dinner on own and overnight
19 Oct – Half day Vatican Museum tour + half day excursion to Tivoli to visit Hadrian’s Villa. Lunch and dinner on own. Overnight in Rome.
20 Oct – Morning departure transfer to Sorrento. En route stop in Pompeii to visit the Archaeological Excavations. Then continue onto Sorrento. Check in at the hotel, and balance of the day at leisure.
Dinner at a restaurant near the hotel and overnight.
21 Oct – Full day Amalfi coast with wine tasting. Drive along the Amalfi coast, with stop overlooking Positano, and drive up all the way to Ravello for wine tasting and lunch at “Casa Vinicola Ettore Sammarco). Return to Sorrento for dinner on own and overnight
22 Oct – Half day excursion by boat to Capri + Half day at leisure. Farewell dinner with Tarantella show, and overnight in Sorrento
23 Oct (Wed) – Departure transfer to Naples airport for return flight to Des Moines.
Note: the order of the itinerary is subject to change according to opening hours of the sites, and local conditions.
Restaurants/wineries are subject to confirmation
Please kindly note the following IMPORTANT information:
1). There are no refunds for any unused portion of the tour that clients decide not to participate locally.
2). The sightseeing is subject to change in concomitance with the opening hours of the various sites included in the program, and depending on local conditions.
3). General gratuities are included in your package price, EXCEPT to your escort, driver and local guides. It is customary for the tour participants to tip, on a personal basis, the tour escort, driver and local guides based on the satisfaction of the services received. Please use the following as a guideline:
Tour Escort: Euros 5,00 per person/per day;
Driver: Euros 3,00 per person/per day;
Local guides: Euros 2,00 per person/per guided tour (half-day)